Who is the SGA?
The SGA is composed of full-time, undergraduate Champlain students who were either elected or appointed by the student body.
- President: Chair Cabinet meetings, nominate Cabinet members & serve as a liaison to administration
- Vice President: Chair House of Representatives meetings & chair Bylaws committee
- Director of Finance: Chair Finance Committee, manage SGA budget & approve expenditures
- Director of Operations: Record minutes for House of Representative and Cabinet meeting & serve as office manager
- Director of Clubs: Coordinate with SGA-funded clubs, maintain club information & coordinate training for club leaders
- Director of Communications: Maintain and update SGA website and social media pages, publicize actions of SGA, & manage SGA email
- Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Chair the Diversity and Engagement Committee, & meet regularly with organizations on campus that serve students of diverse identity groups
- Director of Wellness: Interact with and listen to students concerning distributing Title IX information, improving mental health resources, and hosting educational workshops.
House of Representatives
- Allocate grant funding during House of Representatives meetings
- Engage and communicate with their constituents throughout each semester during office hours/engagement hours
- Serve on institutional committees as requested
How is SGA involved with clubs?
Champlain College’s annual costs for full-time undergraduate students include a $100 Activity Fee. The student Activity Fee sum is facilitated by the SGA to provide semesterly budgets to club and student activities accordingly.
How do I contact the SGA?
Every SGA member is available during their Office Hours in Hearthstone (IDX 303, across from the IDX entrance). Hearthstone is an open environment where all Champlain students are welcome, whether you have questions regarding the SGA or you need a space to do homework or relax.
The SGA holds the House of Representatives meeting every Wednesday, 3:00 – 4:15 PM in CCM 233. These meetings are open to any students or faculty who would like to attend to see their student government in action. If you are unable to attend, but would still like to know what goes on at meetings, you can view the weekly minutes on the Archives page.
If you are looking to reach out via email, the Cabinet member emails can be found at the Contact Us page.
What is a grant?
The SGA Grant Fund is designed to financially support Champlain College students, whether funds are needed for a conference attendance, campus event, or personal project.
The House of Representatives determines how the grant funds are distributed throughout the year. Grant approvals are discussed at the weekly House Meeting, on Wednesdays at 3:00 – 4:15 PM in CCM 233.
If you wish to apply for a grant please visit the Grant Page on the website and complete the grant form.
How do I start a club?
Starting a club requires one clubhead, nine interested Champlain students, and one faculty advisor. New clubs are accepted and funded on a rolling basis. In addition, the new club’s activities must align with the College’s Standards of Conduct.
If you wish to start a club please visit the Club Page and complete the Club Registration Form.
Do SGA members get paid?
SGA members are offered a semester-based stipend to compensate for their work in the organization.
Assistant Positions: $500 stipend annually
House of Representatives: $400 stipend annually
Director Cabinet Position: $2,000 stipend annually
President/Vice President: $3,000 stipend annually
How Can I access SGA funds?
Reach out to the Director of Finance to set up a time with them so they can enter the card information when you check out online. When you finish the transaction, please fill out the form at bit.ly/sgafinance20.
You can also submit invoices from businesses or reimbursement requests through the form: bit.ly/sgafinance20
We ask that you please fill out this W-9 tax form so that funds can be deposited directly into your bank account as soon as possible.
How do I become a part of the SGA?
The Student Government Association has positions available for election and appointment every school year. For information regarding available positions, please contact the Director of Operations.