Cabinet Position Descriptions
- Chair meetings of the Cabinet.
- Serve as liaison to the administration on behalf of the SGA.
- Report on the SGA’s state of affairs to the Champlain College President’s Cabinet twice each year.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all SGA committees.
- Approve expenditures in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Nominate candidates for the offices of Director of Clubs, Director of Communications, Director of Finance, and Director of Operations.
- Chair meetings of the Senate.
- Chair the Standing Rules Committee.
- Provide Cabinet with action report following Senate meetings.
- Serve as Vice Chair of the College Council.
- Chair Cabinet meetings in the absence of the President.
- Succeed to the office of President should the office be vacated.
- Maintain and update the SGA website and social media pages.
- Publicize the actions and procedures of the SGA through maintaining digitally published
- Promote elections at the direction of the corresponding committees.
- Manage the SGA email.
- Provide guidance to the House of Representatives and Cabinet on matters of diversity and
inclusion to ensure that advocacy remains a primary focus of the organization.
- Facilitate and encourage engagement between SGA representatives and their respective
constituencies as specified in the Standing Rules.
- Meet regularly with organizations on campus that serve students of diverse identity groups.
- Provide monthly reports on the state of diversity and inclusion on campus to the House of
Representatives and the Cabinet.
- Chair the Diversity and Engagement Committee.
- Coordinate with SGA-funded clubs.
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance for finance related issues.
- Maintain detailed club information (list of approved clubs, approval documents, attendance,
- Provide monthly reports to both the Cabinet and House of Representatives.
- Coordinate training for club leaders once per semester.
- Schedule meetings for the House of Representatives and Cabinet.
- Record minutes at meetings of the House of Representatives and Cabinet.
- Manage the SGA mailbox.
- Serve as office manager.
- Chair the Finance Committee.
- Propose and manage the SGA budget.
- Approve expenditures, including those for grants and club budgets awarded by the Senate.
- Provide monthly budget updates to both the Cabinet and the House of Representatives.